The cycling tour Pardisrunden is a nice round-trip in Tisleidalen for those who enjoy variation. The landscape is dominated by spruce forests and lakes, and you cycle partly on the main road (sealed) and good and firm gravel roads. To avoid the main road and to add some extra challenges, you may add the cycling tour Ølsjøbakkadn, but please note that this means roughing it up quite a bit! The trip can also be combined with swimming, fishing and hikes to enjoy an exciting, active and varied day out.
Difficulty: moderate; not suitable for children because of the stretch on the main road
Distanse: approx. 18 km
Elevation gain: approx. 176 m
If you start at Joker Fjellbu (convenience store), follow the main road for approx. 4,6 km in the direction of Fagernes and turn right towards Bløytjern Sag (a saw). Cross the dam over the outfux og the lake to get to the other side, following the bicycle signs. Turn right and continue along Lake Ølsjøen and Lake Pardisfjorden, partly through beautiful forest patches, partly along the lakeshore, past Merket and Bjørkestølen Camping back to the main road near the Joker store.
Alternative route: Follow road 51 towards Fagernes a little longer, until the exit towards Vestringsbygda. Turn right and cross the bridge over River Åbjøra and then turn right again onto the gravel road that leads back along the river and to Bløytjern. This will add another 4 km and a nice climb of 75 m elevation to the trip.
* There are areas for swimming at Skinnarplassen (fenced; Osen on the map) and in the Pardis bay (signed).
* There are excellent fishing opportunities along the way since much of it leads along the shoreline.
* At Merket there are canoes for rent.
* From Pardis it is possible to make side trip to Kinn (4 km one way) hike to the potholes at Lake Kvitingen (follow the alternative directions from the north).
* From Pardis it is possible to make side trip to Eidvasstølen (approx. 2,5 km one way) and hike up to Makalausfjellet (follow the alternative directions from the north).