Beitostølen Ski Center
Beitostølen Ski Center is perfect for families, beginners and carving enthusiasts. There's a fun park with 15 rails and several jumps of different lengths for beginners, advanced and experiened snowboarders and twin tip skiers. The skiing center is located on the sunny side of the hill and offers a wide view over mountains and the valley.
There are 12 slopes of which two are flood-lit for night skiing. The lifts start in the middle of the village center and reach up to 1100 m.a.s.l. at Søndre Knaushøgde. Among the lifts, there are two 6-seat express chairlifts, one 3-seat chair lifts and three different drag lifts - button lifts and T-bars, incl. children's and tobboggan lifts.
At the ski center, there's ski rental (alpine, cross-country, back country and snow board), a warmed hut and a children's area with a children's lift and a ski play area.
Together with Raudalen Alpinsenter on the other side of the valley, where advanced skiers find red and black runs, Beitostølen can offer 18 slopes and 8 lifts. Two skiing centers - one lift pass!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good5
- DeadlyDDBurgess Hill, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelWay Behind as a Ski Resort14/01/2020I expected way too much from Beitostolen, as a Ski destination. It is mid- January, there is plenty of snow but only a handful of ski lifts are open. And some of these are the dreaded tug and hold... Read full review
- R4773BMvickybBradford, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelPeitre ski instructor19/02/2020Due to storm, started in group one day late, he made me feel as important as my fellow group members. Friendly, approachable and also taught use to ski backwards too. Read full review
- Kyrra GAbu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesTrip Type:Solo travelIf you want downhill skiing, go elsewher23/01/2021Beitostølen is a cross country and family resort. They claim also to be an alpine skiing resort but they are not at all. Lifts closed, lifts breaking down, a general feel of something from 40 years... Read full review
- alpine skiing equipment/adults
- alpine skiing equipment/children
- children's ski equipment
- ski equipment
- snowboarding equipment
- Telemark equipment/adults
- Telemark equipment/children
- après ski
- blue run/easy
- children's lift
- cross-country skiing
- green run/beginners
- heated room
- lighted track
- red run/intermediate
- ski games
- ski school