Wake up after a peaceful night to the sound of birds twittering and pine trees whistling. Look forward to a morning swim and a tranquil breakfast.
Raise your head and feel the fresh mountain air before getting on your bike, pushing the canoe into the water or fastening your skis. Step out of the daily grind at Fagernes Camping. Feel the closeness to nature.
Live right by the rural town, right between Eastern and Western Norway, along Strandefjorden in beautiful Valdres.
Welcome to the friendliest campsite in Norway!
Fagernes Camping is a 4-star camping site, close to the town center of Fagernes and next to the Valdres Folk Museum. Open for accommodation all year.
Caravans/motor homes and tents: A large area with room for about 150 units. Outlets for electricity for use by RV's and Caravans. Two modern sanitary facilities at disposal.
• We offer wireless internet access on the camping site
• Kitchen with washbasins and cooking equipment
• Laundry-room with washing machine, tumble-dryers and ironing equipment.
• Grooming room for children
• Own sanitary rooms for wheelchair users
• Own room for sewage dumping
For rent: 18 traditional cabins (2 - 6 beds) and 8 modern apartments (4 beds), fully equipped.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good13
- Ida83fromNorwayOslo, NorwayTrip type:CouplesLakeside camping02/09/2015What a friendly place, and what a nice location! The only thing this place is missing is a restaurant down by the lake, and a decent shop. We found a great spot for our caravan, with lakeside view... Read full review
- MancliomanchesterTrip type:CouplesFantastic campsite10/08/2016Stayed here as part of a road trip to Norway and wasn't disappointed. we were staying in a campervan and the spots were right by the lake; which made it the perfect place to stay for the... Read full review
- totravelsistoliveSouth Denmark, DenmarkTrip type:CouplesNice place, yet toilets are very far from our tent26/07/2018Stayed here for two days with my husband and we got a very nice spot for our tent. The facilities are perfect and toilets were cleaned every now and then. I would have given this place a 5 star if... Read full review
- barbeque site
- boat available
- culture path
- diving board
- fishing possibilities
- fly fishing
- pedal boat
- rowing boat
Camping and cottage
- cabins - 18 (88 beds)
- cable TV outlet
- campsite - serviced
- caravan sites - 200
- electricity 220 v
- sanitary facilities
- sewage dump
- washroom with hot and cold water
- winter camp
- number of apartments - 4 (16 beds)
- number of cabins - 18 (88 beds)
- snack bar
- wireless Internet
Kitchen and household
- kitchen available
- beer and wine
- water sports
- cross-country skiing