Langsua National Park is the newest of the Norwegian National Parks. This stunning wilderness area holds both rough alpine terrain and lower vast areas of boreal forest and thousands of lakes and streams. The National park and the protected areas surrounding it summons up to more than 1000 km2! These settings provide us with the perfect arena for long mid-winter dog sledding tours. During this expedition we are travelling through and along the protected areas of the park.
On departure morning we`ll make a thorough first and last check of all the equipment for our adventure. When ready we head towards Langsua National Park.
With the huskies help we travel in the pace of nature as we climb towards Skredalen and Langsukollen. In the national park, pure and unspoiled nature awaits us. Tracks of fox, moose, lynx, wolverine and reindeer are likely to be seen, as well as a rare glimpse of the animals themselves.
In this vast and secluded wilderness distance between cabins and shelters are huge. We sleep in comfortable tents with high standard equipment.
Daily progress is from 25 – 45 km.
We travel as a team. Each participant is responsible for him/herself, his/her dogs, the sled and equipment. The dogs are not machines as they need caretaking and contact. You are likely to get one or many new best friends!
Optional: In addition to the tour, we recommend you to book one extra night in our Husky Camp the day before the tour and even book a day activity with our huskies. This way, you will get the chance to acclimate to the Norwegian winter conditions before heading out for the tour. If you would like higher comfort, we can also book you in a charming hotel or Mountain Lodge in the area, with great food and service. After the tour, it might also be nice for you to spend an extra day visiting this beautiful area, with a wide offer of activities and things to do, such as cross-country, ice fishing, snowshoe safari or downhill skiing.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good2
- Margot DMortsel, BelgiumTrip type:CouplesVery nice activity24/07/2019I recommend this activity to all. Since the people and huskies are very kind. First you learn about the huskies and the carts. After that you can make your cart ready with help. Then the ride starts... Read full review
- robertjanv467Rotterdam, The NetherlandsTrip type:FamilyFun rafting11/08/2019We highly recommend Beito Husky Tours for some fun rafting. They offer a professional service, after a short hike we inflated the raft and had a fun ride down the river, afterwards coffee, tea and... Read full review
- joannalovesnorwayTrip type:FamilyHighly recommended, great fun10/09/2019We had tons of fun with our 3-year-old. Highly recommended! I thought it might be too long for her but it felt much too short. Read full review
- dog sledge driving
- experience working on a farm
- farm holiday
- freshwater fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain hiking
- group prices
- 3 hours - 2,5-3 hrs