During spring, in April and May, there are often perfect conditions for dog sledding on the vast high mountain plteau of Valdresflye (1389 m.a.s.l.). Nice and stable weather, mild temperatures and lots of snow is all we need to dash into the mountains behind a team of friendly, eager huskies. The mountains of Jotunheimen make for a magnificent skyline. This is what perfect days are made of!
There is no previous experience needed. Departure from Beito is at 10am. Warm drinks and snacks are included.
Beito Husky Tours offer leisure activities for the whole family - all year round
Other outdoor adventures with Beito Husky Tours:
* Dog sledding tours in beautiful surroundings, both summer and winter
* Canoe rental and guided tours
* Guided hikes with the dogs.
* Visits to the kennel
In the winter we can also offer a three course menu served in a big wooden tent, called a "lavvo". Lots of lit candles makes the atmosphere magical. We gather around the fire and are served specialities from the Valdres region in accordance with the surroundings. For those of you who like to rough it, we would like to recommend that you spend a night in "the Yukon House", inspired by the simple lodgings the North American Indians used on their long hunting expeditions. These lodgings have been modernized to live up to modern standards, but we have strived to make them authentic, warm and comfortable.
If you like to go skiing on our own, we will be glad to organize the trip for you and supply the equipment, as well as the husky dog and the sledge.
Open all year round.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- aspalmertravelsUniondale, New YorkTrip type:Friends getawayIncredible experience15/02/2020Well spent day Worth every Norwegian krona, it was just splendid!!!! The dogs first and foremost were phenomenal, they are simply the best, the dogs were all cuteeeeee, friendly, enthusiastic... Read full review
- YvesM653Schilde, BelgiumFantastic 5 day expedition with Beito Husky10/03/2020After our pick-up at the hotel we drove to the kennel at Beito and got to know our guide for this week expedition. His name is Lucas, he is french but a world traveler and adventurer. We left the... Read full review
- FjordtheoneFantastic adventure11/03/2020This was one of the most amazing things I've ever done on vacation. I corresponded with Elisa via email since I'm not native to Norway and she was incredibly helpful with answering my many questions... Read full review
- dog sledge driving
- experience working on a farm
- mountain hiking