Welcome to Rustebakke Gard located on the sunny side of Garthus, Begnadalen in southern Aurdal; the gateway to Valdres. Our location provides guests with a good base for trips and experiences right outside the door. From the house you have a view of the village below with the Begna river and E 16. The Begna river is considered to offer some of the best inland fishing, with opportunities to catch pike, trout and perch. In summer time, designated swimming areas are not far away.
The rented apartments are two separate units in the main building offering self-catering facilities with raised beds and towels. The apartments have a well-equipped kitchen with stove, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, etc. The bathrooms were newly renovated in 2016 and have a walk-in shower. There is a TV with Norwegian channels and wireless Internet access. Heating is by electricity and wood burning stoves. Outside the apartments there are spacious verandas with outdoor furniture.
Small apartment with 1 bedroom. Sleeps 2-4 (5) persons. 53m2 (Rustebakkvegen 117 B)
The apartment is located on the first floor, with an open plan kitchen and living room. The bedroom is a twin room (the beds can be put together if desired). In the living room there is a double sofa bed. If required, an additional single room on the second floor can be rented. Veranda with canopy (16 m2).
Large apartment with 3 bedrooms. Sleeps 4-5 persons. 90m2 over two floors (Rustebakkvegen 117 A)
The kitchen and living room are located on the first floor. The bedrooms and bathrooms are on the second floor with stairs leading up from the kitchen and a large veranda outside the twin room. The bedrooms consist of one large and two smaller rooms with a total of four beds. The large bedroom is a twin room, but can easily be changed to a double room plus a single bed. The bathroom (with toilet) is adjacent to the bedrooms via a communal hallway. The veranda on both floors is 19 m2 and faces the valley bottom. On the first floor there is an additional south facing veranda which catches the morning sun. Preferably, this unit is hired over extended long-stay periods.
• Fresh air, hiking and wildlife right outside the door. In this property, Mikkjel Fønhus walked a lot and collected inspiration for his books
• Stay in a village, live on a farm
• Child-friendly area, peaceful environment
• Sunny all year round
• Suitable for outdoor people summer and winter. The snow usually arrives mid-November, staying to March / April.
• See wild deer and other animals
• Fresh spring water
• Non-smoking house
• Animals are not allowed
• Not rented to youth groups
• Two nights minimum stay
• Maximum rental period 21 days (3 weeks)
• English speaking
• Grocery stores in Begnadalen and Bagn. Joker, Spar and Coop Prix
• Municipal center of Bagn 20 km
• Fagernes 50 km
• Hønefoss 80 km
• Reinli and Hedalen stave churches
• Morudstranda Kolonicamping / Kiosk 2.2 km
• Norsk Rakfiskfestival
• Booking and rates on request. Settlement via: Card terminal / Vipps
Possible activities summer
• Hiking trails on the doorstep
• Mushroom and berry picking
• Cycling on Austsidevegen and forest roads with little traffic
• River bathing 900 m
• River fishing 900 m
• Boat trips at Begna, Canoeing and kayaking, etc.
• Horseback riding 2 km
• Casting with fly rod 2.2 km
• Shooting range 10 km
Possible winter activities
• Cross-country skiing
• Åsemyra ski resort 8 km https://www.facebook.com/Begna-il-564101213770502/?ref=page_internal
• Alpine centers; 30 and 38 km